Our Government is encouraging people to update aadhaar card details with their respective bank accounts. People often get confused with the process of Linking aadhaar card with bank account. The process is actually quite easy and can be completed easily. I will be explaining the methods that will be applicable to almost all Banks. No matter if your Bank is State bank of India(SBI), Punjab National Bank(PNB), Oriental Bank of Commerce(OBC), HDFC, ICICI,Canara, Axis Bank or any other. However, i also try to explain the process for each bank separately under a separate category. This particular post is dedicated to provide the general steps of updating aadhaar number and other details with bank account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Bank Account :
This can be done in following two ways :
- Updating the Aadhaar details online(using net banking)
- Filling the Application form and Submitting it to Bank itself.
Online Process for Linking Aadhaar Card to Bank account :
Online banking method to link aadhaar card with bank account:
This is extremely easy method but it is important that you have availed the internet banking facility as well as you need to make sure that your Bank is giving this facility. Currently, i can confirm that SBI and ICICI Banks are providing this facility(i have tested it). If you are customer of any of these banks i advice you to read the post on “Linking aadhaar card with SBI” & “Linking Aadhaar card to ICICI Bank“. If your bank is different, no problem ! Just log in into your internet account first.
You need to login into the internet banking account
Note : If you haven’t availed the online facility, you are advised to either apply for it or you can switch to the online method of updating aadhaar number with bank account
Once you are logged in, you need find link that says “Update Aadhaar Card Details” or ” Aadhaar Card Seeding”
As soon as you see any of these links, you need to click on it to open up other page
You now need to enter the aadhaar card information in the respective fields
After entering the details verify the same again and hit the submit button
Now your online application will be saved at the bank database. The bank officials will verify the information entered by you and once verified your application will be processed. You will notified via email or sms on your registered mobile number
Offline Mode of Linking Aadhaar Information to Bank Account :
Aadhaar card details updation with bank account offline modeThose you don’t have access to internet banking can easily update the details using this approach. Process is mentioned below :
- Get the Aadhaar Card & Bank Linking Form – Click here to Download
- Once downloaded, take the print out
- Fill in the details correctly
- Enter your bank account number, address, IFSC code etc
- Also enter correctly your Aadhaar number
- Once you fill the application form, attach the photocopy of your aadhaar card with it
- Now submit the application form enclosed with aadhaar to the bank official
- He/she might want to take a look at your original aadhaar card
- The official will keep the application form for further verification
- Once the details will be verified, you will be notified
I hope this article was helpful !! If you still are having any trouble linking aadhaar card details to your bank account, kindly write it down below. Also, if you liked the post, feel free to share it on social media among your friends.